- The president has decided to press the “Undo Java” button - removing Java... forever.
- Open GL port of SWT
- JDK 8 almost feature complete
- Oracle discontinues “free” JDK TimeZone updates - tzupdater still available to paid up licenses, but still shipped for free in the JDK, which now gets regular 4 monthly updates. Not sure I ever manually used tzupdater either...
- Open source git server for windows: Bonobo - uses GitSharp - I think I’d still just run GitBlit tho.
- Spring 4.0m1 and 3.2.3
- Spring Tool Suite and Groovy/Grails Tool Suite 3.3.0.M2 RELEASED
- HalBuilder 2.0.2 maintenance release, allows for _ prefix properties, restructuring work for 2.1.x ongoing - not split into 3-4 more artifacts.
- Kotlin M5.3 - delegated properties looks quite cool and powerful, yet simplistic to reason about.
- Scala 2.10.2 released - second maintenance release for the 2.10 series, 2.11m1 was also recently released.
- Slick 1.0.1 released
- Apache Maven 3.1-alpha-1 released - go test this sucker on your esoteric plugin configurations.
- Latest release of OWL API for OWL Web Ontologies released (3.4.4)
- Everyone wants to run PHP on their VM and XP Framework is a great library to help you do it. Release 5.9.0 this week.
- Moskito hit its 2.3.5 release this week.
- OSGI moves to the cloud. Everyone quake as further complexity is introduced.
Sunday, June 9, 2013
Monday, June 3, 2013
- VertX 2.0 not far away now, remains a fast option for deployment
- JDK 7 and 8 to get RetinaTM support in next update
- JDK8 b91 didn’t solve my method handle issue, which has now been reported upstream.
- Interesting research with release of Groovy 2.1.4
- JSR-352 RI - Batch Applications for the Java Platform 1.0 release, available in maven central ( part of EE 7 I believe )
- Semantic Merge gets Java support
- Apache Archiva 1.4 M4 released
Maven Plugin of the Week - Maven License Plugin
- Allows you to check all your source files have licenses in the right format
- You can set it to prevent release if they don’t
- You can tell it to add the necessary formatting