- Hibernate OGM - Open Grid Mapping, JPA engine for distributed NoSQL stores.
- Eric Evans from Rackspace giving a talk on Cassandras new Query Language
- 1.1.3 of the Checkers Framework and Type Annotation Compiler
- Jetbrains IntelliJ IDEA 10.5.1 RC
- Jetbrains release You Track 3 - graphical MPS based workflow editor, free for 10 users.
- RESTEasy 2.2.1 - maintenance release
- New JavaZone X Conference trailer - The Streaming
- Back in Ep 23 we mentioned the LMAX presentation by Martin Thompson and Michael Barker, Michael Barker contacted us to say they’ve decided to open source some the code for the ring buffer based pattern talked about in that presentation: http://code.google.com/p/disruptor/. It's a high-performance alternative to a Queue.
- Eclipse 3.7
- lots of reports of m2eclipse pain
- Eclipse BIRT 3.7 - support for Hadoop/Hive
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.16
- NIO implementation of the AJP connector
- Enable Servlet 3 asynchronous processing support when using clustering
- Add parallel deployment support to the Manager's Ant tasks
- Apache Karaf celebrates 1 year as a top level project
- Surefire plugin 2.9
- Remote resources plugin 1.2.1
- Verifier 1.3
- EAR plugin 2.6
- maven-changes-plugin 2.6
- Maven Plugin Plugin and Plugin Tools 2.8 released
- There’s a proposal/process currently being discussed to move maven’s JIRA from codehaus to issues.apache.org to bring everything “maven” under the Apache umbrella.
- Some surprise PMC Changes.
- TouchQode - code editor for touch devices.... The video looks like a usability nightmare.
- 17 or 21 claims in (one of Oracles Patents) rejected by USPTO after reexamining the patent
- Clojure 1.3 Beta 1 released
- The Joy of Clojure now available as ePub/mobi
- WebNoir is a new web framework built ontop of compojure - very nice looking.
- Uses Hiccup for HTML generation, would be nice to also see Enlive also supported, altho Hiccup/Webnoir + Sitemesh would be good.
- Dick Wall from The Java Posse recently released Subcut - an IoC/DI framework for Scala - Subcut is a backcronym for Scala Uniquely Bound Classes Under Traits.